5 Ekim 2011 Çarşamba

About Blogger

I haven't use blogger before. Some of my friends used to write blogs but I wasn't interested in writing blogs before. Moreover, I have never thought that I could use blog for teaching a language. However, after the course CTE319, I started to think about the benefits of writing blogs and I must say that blogs can be very useful in teaching. First of all, we as a teacher should decide whether the students would be able to use computer and also whether they have internet access. If we could provide the fundamental circumtances for the students, we should try to catch the latest technology and use it just like we do in this course like writing blogs. Blogs provide an area for students and for teachers where everyone can easily reflect their thoughts and share useful information for their education life. In the class, the teacher may not have enough time to interact with each and every student one by one. However, if the students write their ideas and responses about the course on their blogs, the teacher would easily know the students problems, knowledge and ideas about the course. Also, the students (mostly teenagers) would find writing blogs more enjoyable as they are very interested in computers and internet. I think, rather than writing on a piece of paper and just share it with the teacher, the students would prefer to share his/her ideas, problems or useful sites/articles/links with the whole class by posting it to the blog. For instance, I as a student found blogger very progressive that I can see what my classmates write and what they are thinking about the subject. Furthermore, I can write comments on their blogs which creates a free area for us to share our own thoughts and belief. In short, I loved the blogger and as I learn more about using blogger, I belive, I would use it more and more efficiently.

2 yorum:

  1. You've demonstrated a good understanding of blogs in the context of teaching, with some good practical ideas of how you can use it to extend learning outside the classroom (and integrate that learning with what goes on in the classroom). A collaborative pedagogy which may be difficult to initiate or foster in a f2f class as the students are not comfortable with this style of learning in a traditional context. However, the blog is a natural environment for commenting and sharing, so developing collaboration via a blog and working towards a more collaborative pedagogy just happens 'naturally' because the technology makes it possible. I'll be interested to see how your ideas mature and I hope that you can try to use blogs when you are practice teaching. Your mentor teacher may learn from you as well as you learning from them. :)

    YanıtlaSil
  2. this semester I am practice teaching. using blog is a really good idea. ı will think on that and if ı use, ı will share it with you :)

    YanıtlaSil